Selling as a going concern, Dive Rarotonga is now up for sale to allow more time for the current owners’ family commitments overseas, after 15 years running the company.
The company is a unique opportunity as the only working dive centre on the island with wholly owned buildings, including 2 bedroom accommodation. This has an added bonus in that a foreigner to the Cook Islands is not allowed to purchase living accommodation for 3 years if it is not purchased with a business.
Established in 1979, the company has a good reputation for customer service and safety. Dive Rarotonga currently teaches a high percentage of dive students visiting the island. With two well maintained boats, trips are run 4 times a day for up to 8 divers on a boat. The property is ideally situated on the main road right next to the 4.5 star Crown Beach Resort and about 150m from the busiest and largest resort on the island, The Edgewater Resort, perfect for walk in trade.
Along with new and repeat dive customers, the company also offers Nitrox fills, gear service/repair and scuba cylinder re-qualify testing for the likes of pearl farmers and other dive companies. At the time of writing this is the only company offering this in the country.
Main assets included in the sale are:
* Complete inventory of dive equipment
* 2 boats with trailers
* Aluminium equipment trailer
* Passenger vehicle + 4WD.
* The dive shop which includes 2 bedroom accommodation (Master bedroom air-conditioned).
* The main building includes Shop, Lounge, Kitchen, Bathroom, Classroom, Scuba Workshop, Deck, Walk-in Storage
* The external buildings also houses a Compressor Room, Customer Kit Room, Rental Equipment Store, Wet Suit Shed.
* Training pool and a Customer Changing room with Toilet/Shower.
A large list of chattels is also included such as shop equipment, office, dive service tools including hydro test panel
* Rental equipment and enough household items to ensure a new owner can move in and start operating straight away
*Also included in the sale is ‘The Internet Shack’, built on the same land, this internet cafe in run from the Dive Rarotonga shop.
*Building and computers are included along with the Wifi hot spot.
Dive Rarotonga comes as a true turn key operation; all the dive equipment, vehicle, boat, training pool, compressor, class room *PLUS on site living quarters for the new owners.
**The new 7.5 m dive boat was designed in NZ by a marine architect in conjunction with real divers with the prime focus to take care of all diving needs.
Please Quote 'Dive Rarotonga' when making
enquires on this business.
Asking price NZD $450,000.00